Home Cooking Skills (BTEC)
This Level 2 BTEC was developed to encourage people to cook with confidence and enjoyment, and to budget effectively. This course will give you the confidence and knowledge to cook in your day-to-day life, it will also give you the self-belief to impart your skills to others.
- Learn how to prepare, cook and serve a two course nutritional meal.
- Develop cooking skills by exploring recipes for nutritious meals.
- Gain an understanding of how to economise when planning meals to cook at home.
The course is delivered in twilight sessions on Thursdays after school 3.20-5.20pm
Unit 1: Cooking every week
Unit 2: Coursework Assignment
- Plan a nutritious, home cooked meal using basic ingredients
- Prepare, cook and present this meal
- Understand how to cook economically at home.
- Pass on information about cooking meals at home from scratch
It is excellent preparation for independent living at university or when you leave home.
This course is worth 6 UCAS points so can be added to your application for university.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course but an interest in food and cooking would be an advantage.