The Learning Support Department and Lavinia Norfolk Centre (LNC) is the largest department in the school.
It has been recognised in three consecutive Ofsted reports (latest 2017) as “providing outstanding support for learning”.
The staff comprises:
- Head of LNC and SENCO: Mr Mark Andrews
- Assistant SENCO/ Head of Autistic Spectrum Condition, and Teacher of the Deaf: Mrs Jo Saunders
- Head of Sensory Impairment/Teacher of Visual Impairment : Claire Crowther
- Head of Physical Disability and Para Sport : Miss Natalie Webb
Specialist Leader and their specialist area:
- Tania Codling – Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties
- Sam Tonks – Down Syndrome and General Learning Difficulties
- Mark Slatter – Specific and General Learning Difficulties
The school currently has 38 LSAs who are led by an LSA Manager, Mrs Deborah Kempson. They have a wide programme of continued professional development which includes performance management. They support students in the classroom, provide social and personal care needs, provide physiotherapy and hydrotherapy and support a wide range of extracurricular activities, including trips. Their role is crucial to the effectiveness of learning in the school.