Learning is at the heart of all we do.
We aim to not only meet the needs of all our students but provide challenge for all so our students can aspire and achieve. Teaching is good at Angmering with some outstanding practice. Ofsted reported that 88% of lessons were good or outstanding. We support our teachers through quality CPD, coaching and sharing practice to be the best they can be. Teachers’ strengths include their good use of questioning to check student’s progress and the quality verbal feedback that they give our students.
- Describe a framework that reflects our knowledge and understanding about what constitutes outstanding teaching and learning
- Ensure coherence and consistency
- Describe how we review and develop teaching and learning at Angmering School
- Establish clear routines that are understood by all
- Employ effective grouping strategies
- Explicitly aim to develop independent learners through our Futures and Insight programmes
- Be quick to adjust the teaching in light of prior learning and emerging needs
- Collaborate with all staff in the classroom to meet the needs of individuals
- Ensure enjoyment and engagement
- Respect and have high expectations of all students and their’ potential
- Demonstrate the effective use of Assessment for Learning to show students where they are in their learning and how to take the steps needed to improve
- Share and interpret precise learning objectives and outcomes, and success criteria
- Identify and challenge underachievement and not accept it