Well organised home learning plays a vital role in raising standards of achievement and developing successful lifelong learners.
What students can expect
- Students will experience a range of learning tasks matched to what they are learning.
- These will include consolidation exercises, practice, preparation, research and independent projects.
- All project work will have clear milestones following the agreed home learning timetable for the class.
- Tasks are personalised to suit students’ abilities.
- At KS4 and KS5, home learning tasks will also include coursework, controlled assessment preparation, exam practice and revision.
How often they can expect it
- At KS5, home learning will be set every lesson, up to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- At KS4, home learning will be set every week for each subject, up to a maximum of 2 hours per day.
- At KS3, home learning will be set weekly for core subjects and fortnightly for foundation subjects, up to a maximum of 1 hour per day.
- Teachers will agree with their class which days work is set and collected, at the beginning of the year. This will be recorded in the home learning timetable in the student planner.
- Show My Homework (SMHW) will be the default gateway to access resources to support tasks
To view this live home learning calendar please click on the blue Show My Homework badge on our school web site home page or go to https://angmering.showmyhomework.co.uk/school/homeworks/calendar This will open the calendar and show you all the home learning set. It is possible to use the filters to select your child’s class, but it is much easier to use a parent/guardian or student log in.
If you have forgotten your log in there is a password reset function. If you did not get around to setting up the parent/guardian account please email email@example.com and we will send out a new log in.
You can also access Show My Homework on your smart phone by downloading the app from the Apple App store or Google Play:
We need your support at home to ensure this tool is used and as always support your child in completing the important learning tasks set. If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How will you know if your child has home learning to do
- Students will record the home learning for every subject in their planners. They are expected to maintain an accurate log of all home learning with deadline dates. This record is essential if parents are to be kept informed and updated on home learning. Details and resources will be found on SHMW.
Feedback on Home Learning
- Teachers are expected to give feedback on home learning promptly. Please let us know if you have any concerns regarding this.
- Feedback will take a variety of methods including peer and self assessment, oral and written comment from the teacher.
- It is the teacher’s responsibility to manage the non-completion of home learning, liaising with parents where necessary.
- All academic reviews have a range of three descriptors on home learning efforts:
Good = no issues with quality or meeting deadlines;
Improvement = Room for Improvement, issues with quality or meeting deadlines; and
Concern = Cause For Concern, issues with both quality and meeting deadlines OR serious issues with either
We value your feedback on all elements of home learning. Please contact us by email, telephone or in person.